Sunday, January 14, 2018

DIY Grass Cutter Machine

My son wanted to try cutting the grass by using my DIY grass cutter machine. Below is the video of his action.


A hand drill can be used to become DIY Grass Cutter Machine. It saves a lot of money. I can cut the grass anytime I want. The cost to build is very low. The hand drill cost is also low if a wired hand drill is used. The hand drill wire is short. So, wire extension is used. It is cheaper to buy or build an extension wire than to buy a cordless hand drill. However, the wire of the hand drill should be hold a few feets to avoid accidental cut.

Warning:
1. Do not cut any grass during raining to avoid electric shock.
2. You should wear safety google to avoid any flying debris.
3. You should wear a long pants to avoid itchy due to the grass debris.
4. And, it is advisable to use a boot to avoid the grass debris from hurting your foot.

Unless you are an electrical engineer or know well to protect yourself, you should not cut any grass outside the building during raining. I tried to cut the grass today although it was drizzling since two days ago and today. I have to put extra protection to my wire extension and also my hand drill before I dare to cut any grass. I have to cut the grass today because the grass already tall as tall as in the video above.

It is a good exercise, and saves money. In fact, the last time I pay someone to cut the grass, they also cut my needed trees especially my vegetable and herbs trees. So, it is better for me to cut my own grass.

Have fun!

No comments: