Thursday, January 28, 2016

New House Renovation Part 3

There is not much excitement in this week unless you are interested to learn the process to build a house. I like to talk to the contractor the process being done, their importance and how they will be done. In this way, I appreciate more the difficulty the people who build my house. Almost every day I came to visit the site. Some new ideas appeared during these visits.

Some of the 3rd week work progress are:




 If you look back in my Part 2 entry, there is some changes to the side window of the kitchen. Can you see the different? This is the latest trend in a kitchen window design. The funny thing is my contractor had to demolish the previous built window. He was fine with it as long as it still in the development process. This is one of the reason we should always visit the development site, and compare with new housing developments. This is a modified version from based on our observation. And as always, I emphasized on practicality than trendy or aesthetic values.





Sometimes, the tools being used is more important than the work being done. How the tools being organized and used are usually depend on a standard technique. But, the art of the actual usage depends on one's experience. The more organized you are, the more efficient you will be and hence save a lot of cost and time.

 If you understand this picture, you will understand the practicality issue I mentioned before.




The kitchen area is 14 feet width times 17 feet long. It is a large area to satisfy my wife's need especially during preparing for a kenduri.


The following weeks should be more interesting and educating.

No comments: