Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Knowledge In PhD more valuable than Property Investment

It is common to find people who inherit property from their parents sold the property for the money. Without sufficient knowledge, people will always choose the money first rather than exploring how to generate income from the property. You may have RM200,000 by selling the property. But, RM200,000 may not last for even a year.

I already have two houses when I finally decided to further study for a PhD in Electrical Engineering. My specialization areas are electronics or to be more specific are Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), Compiler, and embedded system design.




Whenever you pursue for a knowledge, God will always reward you in many ways. Within a year of doing my PhD, I found a way to buy a shop office with only RM1,000 down payment.


I submitted my thesis on the 30th August 2016.


Towards the end of my thesis submission, I managed to buy a two storey house and another shop office. Beside polishing my skills and knowledge to PhD level, I managed to accumulate a lot of knowledge in property investment. Although I am just a lecturer without any rank, my property investment is quite a big accomplishment.

Submitting a PhD thesis is a very hard work. Many of my friends gave up without finishing their thesis even some of them already published some of their works. Preparing for the Viva is a lot harder than I anticipated. I still need to do a lot of works, search for the latest research publication, preparing the slides, practice and practice. However, the slide presentation preparation is less stressful than completing the thesis.

My Viva-voce presentation was done in the 2nd May 2017. It was started at about 9.10 am and lasted until about 1.15 pm.


Now, I am more comfortable when people call me Dr. Zulfakar!

Here is one of video clips that motivate me to complete my PhD:


Sometimes, I wonder how can I bought all those properties. Part of the answer is here.




Learning is a never ending process. Knowledge is also Wealth!