Thursday, February 11, 2016

Opportunity Still Available in Slower Economy - Sebana Cove Resort

     Most property reports full of gloom but not yet doom. However, a few developers are still offering good products and have high selling rate. It is not necessarily the development projects must be located at a large city. If you are a late starter and look for a medium to long term investment, you should look at Sebana Cove Resort offerings.


      Sebana Resort is owned and developed by IJM Land Berhad, a well established developer. It owns about 1,200 acres of land and next to the RAPID project in Pengerang, Kota Tinggi. You should read further the size of RAPID project and the adjacent lands. Petronas has slowed down her other development activities except RAPID project.


      Currently, the company is developing about 110 banglows in the area. The offering price is around RM1.6 million. There are two type of banglows. I have seen the show houses and quite satisfy with the quality and design being developed. Actually, it was on my second visit I finally managed to visit the gallery to see the master plan and visit the show houses. My first visit was during Hari Raya Aidil Adha. But the gallery was closed. This time during Chinese new year, I took the time to revisit the site.


The Classic buildings

     The banglows is still beyond my affordability. But, if you are eligible for the loan, I advise you not to miss the opportunity to invest. By the time the banglows was finised being developed, the rent is still very good considering the progress in RAPID development. In order to ensure the forecast, I pay another visit to the RAPID development site. The new road to Pengerang was already completed during my first visit. From Pengerang, I can travel to Sungai Rengit and go back to Felda Adela. But this time around, the road between Pengerang and Sungai Rengit is already closed. This means a more extensive development is already underway. I believe the development involve the ships berths which is at the Pengerang shores. In my first visit, I can see several oil & gas storage already completed. I can also see huge water reservoir already completed. This means once the ship berth is completed, the first operation day is very close. This also means different type of workers will come in. And they need places to stay. Current houses barely meet these needs. Some current workers have to stay as far as Pasak or even Pasir Gudang. Hence, this is a big opportunity for those who buy houses in close proximity to RAPID.
   
     Another important development is the main road from the Senai-Penawar highway to Sungai Rengit is being expanded to cater for 4 lanes road (2 lanes in each direction). Some of the Felda settlers land was acquired to do so. I didn't realize this when I came back at night from Johor Bahru. During my visit to Sebana and RAPID, I can see the land is being cleared, digged or filled to make the whole new road being evenly built.
     By looking at the road infrastructure, we can estimate the economy activities in the future. Beside the road, I also observe for other indicator for future population needs.



     There are something interesting with the master plan of Sebana Resort which can cater for different background and future population. Be reminded, many oil and gas workers are foreigners. Together with local workers which was estimated may reached 70,000 people, they will spend the day working hard and required good sleep and rest at night. This is where the master plan should be carefully planned and executed. For your information, what Sebana Resort can offer is only a small fraction of the actual population needs.

     If you are interested to know more about this opportunity, you may contact me directly. I am not going to write everything here. Different strategies need to be formulated for different investment goals and different investors background. I may organized a field visit for those who are interested to learn more.

No comments: