Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My First Property for Sale

I bought this house in 1997 after two weeks I got married. It is quite emotional to sell this house. My wife and I have sacrifice a lot to maintain and fully paid the house in 2012. The funny thing is we never slept in the house!

Last year, the house was repainted, fully cleaned especially both toilets, and repaired any damage. The poach was also improved by building the walls on both sides, a new gate and cement the whole poach. I built an L-shape table top in the kitchen so that it is easy to cook in the house. While the renovation was done, a few people already asked to rent the house on the same day! This year, I have to replace the piping from the main road to the main tank since the old pipes already burst in several places. So, whoever buy the house does not need to worry about the condition of the house. It is also one of the reasons why I can easily get a tenant at a high price!


The house land size is 16' X 65'. There are 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms. The asking price for year 2018 is RM250,000 (RM160,000 was 2014) and it is negotiable. If the current tenant quit renting the house, it can be rent out for RM1,000 to RM1,200 depending on your business plan. If you want to make it a homestay, you can get even more. Bandar Seri Alam is a very busy place nowadays especially after UiTM and UniKL already started their operation. When fully operated, UiTM and UniKL are going to have 15,000 and 5,000 student! In 2018, there are more than 6,000 students in UiTM Bandar Seri Alam. This is excluding the workers and other learning institutions in the town. Bandar Seri Alam is also known as Bandar Ilmu (Knowledge City) since there are many learning institutions in the town.


If you visit the house, I can explain the business model I have used for this house, what are other potential business you can do, and how to make sure you can get a good tenant. You have to choose the right strategy for yourself depending on your personality. Originally, the top floor was not tiled. But, I already tiled the top floor about 5 years ago. All the furniture available in the house can be yours as shown in the pictures. There is also a refrigerator in a good condition.
I am not desperate to sell this house especially when I managed to increase the rental for both of my shops recently. In the future, I will explain more in detail how I managed to increase my shops rental by 50%. The traffic flow between Skudai to Pasir Gudang is not getting better for the next two years. So, it is better for me to sell the house and concentrate my investment in the Western part of IRDA. It was a tough decision especially I was thinking to maintain holding the house to stand by if my eldest son will further study in Bandar Seri Alam. My wife's cousin just started his first year study in UiTM Bandar Seri Alam. Guest where he is staying? He have to rent an apartment with 3 rooms for RM1,300! And to cut the cost, he have to share the apartment with another 9 students! It is not only about cost, even if you have money, there is no vacant house to rent in Bandar Seri Alam. If you put an advertisement today, you can get a tenant by today if you are not a picky owner!

HAPPY INVESTING!

No comments: