Saturday, October 24, 2015

Security Versus Luxury

Some people are willing to spend money to buy expensive cars. For them, it is among the top most priority in life. Most of the time, they justify themselves it is for their comfort. But in reality, it is more for show off than a necessity. This is also the habit most of young work force in Malaysia have including my relatives. They never think that they have put the wrong priority in their dreams.

Some people are more concern to buy a secured home: gated and guarded. Security is always a priority. In some countries, their culture is always emphasis on public and individual safety first before any action. With the global and country's economies are getting slower next year, the impact is already felt this year. Criminals are getting more desperate to gain big. 20 years ago, a crime which involve a human life is a rarity. Nowadays, it is a common incident in Malaysia.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/10/09/Kidnapped-boy-reunited-with-family-in-Kajang/

I am not saying life in Malaysia is getting worst. As the number of population increasing rapidly every year, and there is no serious effort from the government to reduce illegal immigrants, the number of crimes involve human tragedy cannot be reduced. So, the best course of action is to take action on our own. My car was broke in two years ago. Almost the same months, my neighbor house was robbed while it was still about 10pm! There were also some other incidents beyond my memory. These made me determined to buy a gated guarded house.

End of last month, I finally got the keys to my new home. A week after that, one of my neighbors' house was broken into while people inside were sleeping. The neighbor was also my colleague at work. Fortunately, he only lost a MyVi and hand phones. The following week, my neighbor next door lost a car which was parked outside this house. I am glad that I already got the keys of my new house. I hope I can renovate the house as soon as possible and move in ASAP.

You mentality determine your reality!



No comments: