Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Patient for Luxury always Rewarding

I have been using Samsung Galaxy SII for almost three years. It really helped me to organized my property investment, my official work and personal activities. I spent almost a thousand RM to buy it. One of the main reasons I upgrade my smartphone from Nokia N95 three years ago was there were better apps being introduced in android OS such as google maps, calender, email, google drives etc. I saw the potential in the device and so I invest in it. However, I did not simply bought SII when the product was launched in the market! Instead, I wait for a few years until the price was reasonable to drop from more than RM2xxx to about RM1xxx.

Now, my SII has a major problem where it is very hot when I use dataplan or wifi. And the device is also very hot when I want to charge it. Thus, I have to switch off the phone when I charge the device. As a result, many of my family, friends and business contacts have difficulty to keep me in touch. After waiting and surveying for almost one month, I finally shortlist to buy either Lenovo, Asus or Samsung smartphone. My family has been using Lenovo (4 units) for the past one year without any major problem. While Samsung products are too expensive and Asus has not really being tested in the market. To make matter worst, Asus is using Atom Intel processor which produce a lot of heat for a smartphone.

Next, I shortlist a few of Lenovo models which are S850, S90 Vibe X2 and P780. Lenovo S series are mostly for entertainment. Hence, the camera has the highest resolution among the families. Vibe family has the most powerful processor and memory capacity. But, both combination definitely can quickly drain the battery. Meanwhile, P780 has large battery capacity which is 4000 mAh. It was built for business people on the move. However, I have no experience using any of P series or family members. I read one blog where the purchaser proudly wrote about her experience buying and using P780. You can read about it at http://norfarahinilias.blogspot.com/2014/01/review-smartphone-lenovo-p780.html?showComment=1420993829210#c3565811985007636813.

She bought P780 in January 2014 for RM900. Whereas, I bought the same model for only RM630 original and with 8GB internal data storage! I also purchased an additional 16GB SD card class 10 for RM30.


So, this is another example it is always pay to wait to buy any luxury item! By the way, I also teach how to use smartphone to manage and optimize your property investment. This is normally being taught for advance short course participants.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is your experience after using this smartphone for half a year?

Zulfakar said...

Originally it is good. After I upgrade the OS, I have trouble to get a good picture whenever I used the camera. Even after I downgrade to the original OS version, the picture is still bad except for images less than 2 meters.

I still like the phone because the battery capacity is huge. This is very important because I use it a lot while moving around or traveling. I use many online and battery intensive apps. Yet, it can still last for two days.